Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Kompis! Kompis! crate findings in Santiago de Chile, part 2

This record is not so rare or difficult to find. In fact, the copy I grabbed of Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band (S/T) is a Chilean promo issue - with charming translations to Spanish of the song titles on the cover. The tune I like is Sunshower. A sweet midtempo mix of soul, soft afroish beats, sensual vocals and kids tuning in with their choir voices in the beautiful chorus. A chorus that you probably recognize as M.I.A. used it in her first hit Sunshowers a couple of years ago now...


1 comment:

musicseawater said...

Well, well, well! I've finally found someone on line that knows of Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band! With songs like Cher Ches Le Femme, Sun Shower and others I cannot think of off hand. I owned this LP at one time and absolutely loved to play it. Is the record itself an odd color? I may be thinking of a different one.
Anyway, it was great listening to this again! "Tommy Mottola, lived all alone, he left his lady a long time ago" Maybe he'll find her and maybe he won't one never knows!"
Did you know This "Tommy" was they guy that "found" Gloria Esteban? Well, he is.....I'm going back for another listen!